I organize my personal photo library by Picasa from Google. And I would like to post full albums with photos with a little amount of buttons presses to my WordPress based blog, but I didn’t find something suitable for me from huge count of plugins for WordPress. Whatever I found a script “Picasa2Wordpress” that use Picasa Button API and it’s what I really need. But it wasn’t enough for me. I was need to post post in additional to upload photos, so I Improve the script.
- Upload Photos to WordPress blog by Picasa application.
- Provide ability to add uploaded photos to exist post/page.
- Post new post with photos.
- Version: 1.1: Picasa2Wordpress1.1.zip
Fix: I found bug in post’s DropDown that showed limited list.
- Version: 1.0: Picasa2Wordpress.zip
- Unzip it, and put extracted files (should be 5 files) under your WordPress wp-admin directory.
- Optionally you can change some setting in a file picasa_post.php.
- $postCategory - the categories that new post will be added to.
- $postStatus - the status of new post (draft,publish,pending).
- $postParent - the parent post id for new post.
- $galleryTag - the gallery tag that will be automatically added to end of new post.
- Go to Picasa Button Generator to get your own Picasa button (picasa2wordpress.pbz). This generator can let you define the tooltip in your own language.
- Put picasa2wordpress.pbz at the root directory of your WordPress.
- Type picasa://importbutton/?url=http://your.blogs.url/picasa2wordpress.pbz at browser’s navigation bar. Picasa will be launched and install the button automatically.
- After you confirm to install the WordPress button in Picasa, you may add it to your Picasa panel.